There are so many things to love about Christmas! From the decorations and music to the cosy nights in front of the fire and the delicious food.
If you are looking for the perfect gift to put that big smile on your partners face, then we have some amazing gift ideas coming at you!
In this first Christmas Gift Guide edition, we have some phenomenal gifts for the country men in your life! From that extravagant present to stocking fillers, Simon Tilbury from Farlows has shared his ideas of the most perfect gift for that country guy that you love!
Don’t forget… if you are a CGUK member, you can benefit from 10% off all items at Farlows online or in-store. Visit the members portal now to access your discount code and get ahead on your Christmas Shopping.
THE PERFECT GIFT IDEAS
- Farlows Classic Tweed Flat Cap (Moss Glenugie Check) & Farlows Classic 8 Piece Hat (Green Loden): Both are fully lined, with a hand-sewn peak and exclusively made for Farlows in Yorkshire, England.
- Farlows Blackwatch Modern Tartan Scarf & Farlows Stewart Blue Dress Tartan Scarf: Super warm and comfy, made from 100% Lambswool in the Scottish Borders.
- Farlows Lambswool Roll Neck Jumper (Loden), & Farlows Shetland Lambswool Crew Neck Jumper (Mushroom or Pineshadow): Made from Lambswool for us in Aberdeenshire, North East Scotland, these jumpers are ideal for shooting, walking or just to throw on in the evening.
- Farlows Tattersall Large Check Shirt (Sky Taupe) & Farlows Fine Check Flannel Shirt (Navy Taupe): The Tattersall version is made from a brushed cotton twill fabric, while the Flannel one uses a fine flannel cloth, which feels that bit more luxurious and is also a touch warmer. A longer length and longer arms make them perfect for shooting.
- Farlows Stood Stag Tie (Navy) & Farlows Flying Pheasant Tie (Olive): Made in a classic English two fold construction with wool rich interlinings to complement the silks, with both fabrics woven exclusively for Farlows, then hand made in a small workshop in the South of England.
- Farlows Prince Of Wales Check Sock & Garter (Bracken/Burgundy Medium): Made in the Scottish borders from merino wool with a very small percentage of acrylic, which helps hold their shape over time and be more durable in the high wear areas like on the heel and balls of the feet. Designs unique to Farlows, complete with matching pair of garter ties.
- Farlows Pheasant Cufflinks (Sterling Silver & Gold): Made in England exclusively for Farlows from sterling silver and fully hallmarked, these cufflinks weigh around 16g. The gold versions are sterling silver which have been bathed in 24ct gold plate.
- Peltor SportTac Electronic Hearing Protection: Developed specifically for hunting and sports shooting, the smooth, level-dependent function eliminates abrupt sound cut-off. They protect against harmful impulse noises while letting in, and even amplifying, ambient sounds.
THE PERFECT STOCKING FILLER IDEAS
- Farlows Tartan Flannel Shirt (Navy Olive Plaid) & Farlows Tattersall Shirt Small Check (Blue / Green / Gold): The Tattersall version is made from a brushed cotton twill fabric, while the Flannel one uses a fine flannel cloth, which feels that bit more luxurious and is also a touch warmer. A longer length and longer arms make them perfect for shooting.
- Farlows Grid Pheasant Tie (Navy): Made in a classic English two fold construction with wool rich interlinings to complement the silks, with both fabrics woven exclusively for Farlows, then hand made in a small workshop in the South of England.
- Farlows Mens Casual Fairisle Sock (Spruce), Farlows Prince Of Wales Check Sock & Garter (Bracken/Burgundy Medium) & Farlows Munro Technical Sock (Moss Green): The Farlows Casual Fairisle Socks are made from merino wool and a nylon reinforcement which allows them to keep their shape and last with wear and washes. They are bright, bold, and luxurious socks, made in Britain. The Farlows Munro Performance Socks are knitted with 70% merino wool which provides comfort and durability with moisture-wicking and temperature-regulating properties. They feature a cushioned foot for additional comfort, soft fit cuff, ribs for ventilation and additional support at the ankle and instep. Technical indeed. The Farlows Prince Of Wales Check Sock & Garter we mentioned already in menswear, but it’s also found its way into the stocking filler section.
- Farlows Cotton Twill Cap (Rifle Green), Farlows Lambswool Watchcap (Rosemary) & Farlows Classic Tweed Flat Cap (Moss Glenugie Check): Our unstructured cotton cap is made from high quality cotton twill and uses recycled plastic to form the peak. The “beanie style” Watchcap is made in Scotland from 100% Lambswool, perfect for the colder months. We’ve already featured the tweed flat cap in the Menswear gifts above, but who wouldn’t want it in their stocking?
- Farlows Pheasant Cufflinks (Sterling Silver & Gold): Like the flat cap above, we’ve already mentioned these, but they’re also too lovely not to feature in the stocking fillers bit.
- YETI Rambler Tumbler (Camp Green) 10oz & YETI Rambler Wine Tumbler (Navy) 10oz: Made from durable stainless steel with double-wall vacuum insulation to protect your hot or cold beverage at all costs. Dishwasher safe and puncture, rust and shatter resistant. The wine tumbler will keep your wine colder for twice as long as plastic cups and its NO SWEAT™ design prevents condensation, keeping hands dry.
- Farlows Mens Lambswool Gloves (Rhapsody) & Dents Silk Lined Leather Gloves (Brown): The Farlows Lambswool Gloves feature a rib knit design and are made from 100% Lambswool in Scotland. The Dents Leather Silk Lined Shooting Gloves are made from specially treated leather to add water resistance, lined with 100% silk and feature knitted cuffs and a fold back trigger finger for more control (left or right hand options).
- Farlows 6oz Planished Hip Flask & Leather Pouch: An elegant pewter flask, date stamped with an old Farlows logo and 1840, handmade in the UK. It comes with a presentation box and drawstring fabric bag. Something they’ll treasure for ever.
- Farlows King’s Coronation Salmon Fly Collection: This limited edition fly box contains the 12 most popular salmon flies, as voted for by Farlows customers, that were presented to His Majesty in a bespoke wooden box to celebrate his coronation. To mark the occasion we’ve produced 100 similar fly boxes which would make the ideal gift for any salmon fisherman. £10 from the sale of every box will be donated to the Atlantic Salmon Trust.
- Hardy Ultraclick 3000 Bronze Reel: Hardy’s lightest ever fly reel, with a fully enclosed line guard for use with super-thin fly lines and ESN leader-only systems. Fitted with an adjustable all-metal click drag system, this is the ultimate reel for the light line aficionado.
- RIO Premier Midge Tip 3ft Clear Intermediate WF6: Since switching to RIO lines last season, I’ve never looked back. This particular version is a floating line with a 3ft clear intermediate tip that sinks at 1.5 inches per second, perfect for still water anglers. Each line is built with a supple coldwater core, SlickCast coating, and welded loops on the front and back for fast rigging.
- Farlows Oxhorn Fish Keyring: A lovely gift for anyone who fishes, and one that will always get used regularly.
- Farlows Inoki Lures – 45mm Clownfish & 45mm Tomarigi: These stunning handmade lures are designed and made exclusively for Farlows in Japan by master craftsman, Masaaki Inoki. With a wide, aggressive swimming action they work the surface and just below it. Perfect for catching trout, chub, perch and such like, but also with their bespoke wooden boxes make superb display pieces for a tackle room. You can watch Masaaki filmed in Farlows talking about how he makes them over on YouTube.