- 2 Wild and Game oven ready partridges
2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
150 ml chicken stock
- 50g raisins
- 100 ml dry sherry
25g toasted pine nuts (buy ready toasted or toast by heating for a minute or two in a dry pan)
A knob of butter
- A glug of olive oil
A handful of fresh thyme
½ to 1 tsp sea salt depending on taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/Gas mark 6
- Heat the olive oil and butter in an oven proof lidded pan and brown the birds, then set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and a little extra olive oil if needed. Cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the sherry and raisins and bubble for a minute or two.
- Add the stock and thyme and return the birds to the pan.
- Put the lid on and cook for 20 minutes. Check the birds are done by piercing inside the legs to see if the juices run clear.
- Season to taste.
- Sprinkle in the pine nuts and serve with couscous.
Written by Wild and Game